Friday, February 15, 2013

Fascinating . . .

So Ejler shared this with me and I just had to share it with you.


When you do find the mistake, and there is one. You will laugh out loud, literally. And feel really like a . . . un-smart person. (Trying to say it gently). =)

Now, back when I first started blogging, I said that I would try to bring the gospel into each blog post. I apologize. This hopefully will become a now regular part of my blogging experience. Through my bringing the gospel into this, I am preaching truth to myself (and am welcome to correction.) So I see this example of "finding the mistake" as whenever we try to use our works to be good enough, we are making a big mistake. We are missing the elephant in the room. Christ is able and willing to save, but unless we humble ourselves to accept His help, we aren't going anywhere. That's what the gospel is all about. The gospel is about what we can't do, and the good news that He can and is always willing. That is a major truth and I wish I could truly understand the fullness of what that means. If I can be overwhelmed by His love through the cross even with my limited understanding, how much more would I be overwhelmed if I truly understood? It's truly awesome!

9 Comments:

At February 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM , Blogger SevenPilgrims said...

I found it! After only 1/2 a cup of coffee!! And I also am painfully aware of the many glaring mistakes in my own life that fall so short of the glory of God. Thank you for the reminder to be applying the gospel and to walk in the truth that Christ is willing and able to accomplish all that concerns me and has already guaranteed my standing before a holy God. Love you! ~Mom

 
At February 16, 2013 at 5:23 PM , Blogger David Miles said...

Only 1/2 a cup of coffee? That was skills, Mom! You are very welcome, I needed it as much as you did, maybe more. I love you more. =David

 
At February 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Earl Miles said...

I really like the part about an able and willing Savior in Christ ... great job! Love you, Dad

 
At February 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM , Blogger David Miles said...

Thanks, you've been reminding me of that important truth for my whole life and it must have finally set in. I love you, too.

 
At February 18, 2013 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Bekka said...

Fun post, David! =) Good job!

 
At February 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM , Blogger David Miles said...

Thanks. =D

 
At April 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM , Blogger SevenPilgrims said...

That's great Davy!! =) I do feel so dumb 'cause it took me like 5 tries to find the mistake. =)

-molly

 
At April 10, 2014 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow. i feel smart. -_-

 
At April 10, 2014 at 9:38 PM , Blogger David Miles said...

Congratulations! =D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home