Thursday, August 8, 2013

Life as of now!

So I've been going through an art book that I have, doing all the exercises. My artistic skills have been a bit rusty as of late, so I got started on drawing a horse face. I really enjoyed watching this particular piece come along through the various stages, although it still needs some work. I just needed to post something on here, so here ya' go.

At the bottom of the drawing are my values, and shading practice. This was the first drawing that I attempted to use tortillions (however, they are spelled!!), and it went OK. But they kept unraveling and I finally just stuck to my tried-and-true blending stumps. I have found that the blending stumps are better for larger areas, while the tortillions are good for smaller areas; the blending stumps are used at an angle so that more of the paper can be blended at once, while the tortillions are used on the tip since the tip can be pushed back out once it gets stove in. But enough of my jargon.

This is just another example of God's creation which I have been reading about in Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology, in fact this is a combination of all God's creation. God created the horse (the subject), the trees for paper and the graphite for the drawing (the materials), and he created me (the artist) with a desire to glorify God, which I believe I have accomplished by seeking to understand His creation more and thus realizing God's magnificence even more.

So I started school last Monday, and am loving it. It is very strange, I love doing Algebra 2 but for some reason I am not getting very high scores. I love figuring out "x" but for some reason, "x" is finding new hiding spots and they are different each time. Go figure. But literature is going well, I get to read a lot, and so that is extremely fun. Lots of G. A. Henty to read over the weekend. =) So far I'm really enjoying school. It's challenging but it gives me a schedule and helps me be efficient with my time. So that's about the scoop as far as school goes. Maybe I'm forgetting something . . . Nope, I don't think so.

So as a final goodbye, I would encourage you to seek out God's glory in His creation, the same glory that was revealed in a magnificent exposure to the world through the death of His Son for our sins, the heart of the gospel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home