Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Update on Ray

So, last post I was asking for prayer for strength to share the gospel with Ray and his parents. Well, that Thursday I had just gotten out of class and I was just chatting with my friends. I glanced over at Ray's parents sitting by the side and realized that I was as soon about to go talk to them as  I was to run at a wall. You know that feeling? You feel like you're about to slam your face into a wall. But with a strength that couldn't have been mine, I drifted away from the group and putting one foot in front of the other made my way toward them. When  I got over there I introduced myself and found it much easier to continue talking than it was to start. I really enjoyed our conversation. I also managed to invite them to our church, which took a level of boldness  I wasn't sure I knew existed in me. Anyway, I walked away from that P.E. class with the best feeling ever. So, I ran at that wall and expected to slam my face into it, but God opened a "door" and I found openness to the gospel and Him. Thank you, Jesus!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At November 2, 2011 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Allison Pyle said...

Awesome David! It is amazing what you can do with God at your side!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Diana Hodson said...

Praying for you David. Walking in His strength is the best feeling. Keep looking to Him for your walk every day all day. To God be the glory, great things He has done...and will do!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM , Blogger David Miles said...

Amen! I will never forget that feeling. That was SO COOL! With God on my side, truly, anything is possible. The Bible puts no limits on what is possible with God on our side, so we shouldn't either. God truly answered my prayers. Praise the Lord!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home