Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Tentative Anticipation

A brand new season of life has begun. Just a year ago, I was beginning my senior year of highschool. Now I'm beginning my freshman year of college. Wat. 

I'm going to be attending Orange Coast College. I'll be working on my GE, and hopefully getting my Associate in Science for Engineering. Then I'll transfer to a four-year college or a university to get my Bachelors. This semester at OCC, I'll be taking PreCalculus, English: Freshman Composition, U.S. History, and Library Study Skills. I'm officially in every class except for PreCalculus, because I'm only on the wait list for that class. I'm hopeful that I'll get into the class, though. :) I'm kinda really looking forward to taking that class. 

In addition to attending OCC, I also plan to continue working at Anaheim Hills Autocare. I've worked there for over a year now, and I really enjoy it. God has blessed me greatly through that job. I work from 9-5 every Tuesday and Thursday. So I've managed to schedule all my classes on Mondays and Wednesdays. 

It's going to be a ridiculously intense workload compared to my senior year. But I'm praying that God will give me the strength and mental fortitude to apply myself diligently. Nothing is impossible with God. 

Lately I've been reading Ecclesiastes, which can be very discouraging for students, but I was encouraged by Ecclesiastes 12: "Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near when you will say, "I have no delight in them";". As John MacArthur points out: by referring to God as the "Creator", Solomon reminds us of our origins and our purpose. We were created to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. Imagine the glory we could give to God if we used our lives to glorify Him while we were relatively young instead of waiting until we were older. I have been extremely, incredibly blessed by having a relationship with God at such a young age. If God chose to save me this early, then what majestic plans must He have for my future? I might have an entire lifetime to give glory to God. Why wouldn't I want to start now? 

Lord, You know what my life will look like. You know the plans that You have for me. Often I don't like the helplessness of not knowing my future, but I have nothing to fear. I may not know my future, but I know the God who holds my future. And You are a God of love. Thank You for Your most loving act in history. Thank You for sending Your Son to pay the price that I could never pay. Thank You for saving me from the penalty and power of sin. Give me a heart that longs to know You more. Give me a passion that can't be drowned out or suppressed. Give me a passion for You and Your kingdom that can't be quiet. Give me wisdom and grace for this new season of life. In Your name, Amen. 

2 Comments:

At August 22, 2016 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Peggy said...

Thanks for sharing! So glad to hear this.

 
At August 22, 2016 at 3:13 PM , Blogger David Miles said...

Thank you. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home