Monday, February 27, 2012

Big News!

Okay, so I figured that I had to post this.
I GOT BRACES!!
I have always looked at braces as "future". Now it is weird having to deal with braces as "present". I'm not sure if you'll understand that, but it is a definite reality for me. There is so much to get used to.
I knew that I couldn't have gum when I couldn't have my braces, but I forgot that I couldn't have gum when I had my spacers. So my gum-chewing period ended early. Bummer!
I have mixed feelings about braces. I like how they look, but I don't like the 15+ minutes that it takes to keep them looking nice. I don't mind not being able to eat some foods, but I am almost paranoid about damaging them. Anyway, this is definitely a learning experience. I'm already looking forward to the time when I can bite into apples.

Now, how does the gospel come into this. Okay, so I am making a parallel between taking care of your braces and your responsibilities as a Christian. When I don't fulfill my responsibilities for my braces, I may not see a difference right away. Same with my responsibilities as a Christian. I need to be diligent in my routine as a Christian. I will see the fruit of it by and by. Right now, I need to concentrate on being diligent.

So, my braces hurt the second day, only hurt a little bit the third day, and were fine on Sunday. [see if you can figure out when I got them on. ;)] Having fun so far. Funny thing is, I'm the last one away from the table a lot of the time. Everyone else will be gone and I will still be sitting there slowly chewing my food. Peaceful, so peaceful.
Have a great day, everyone. Chew an apple or some gum for me. ;D

2 Comments:

At February 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Hope said...

Congratulations!! Welcome to almost constant pain... =P
You can't even chew gum?! That's been like... the only thing keeping me alive! I can only chew sugarless gum, though. Good thing Extra makes their Polar Ice flavor in sugarless. =P
I really liked how you tied the gospel into this. It really is true, too! It takes work. We might not see it the first day. Or the first week. Or the first year! But after we both get our braces off, it will have ALL been worth it. And looking back on my years as a Christian (especially now that I am striving to be more like my Savior<3) I can see that it is paying off in small ways. And when I am old and grey, I hope I can look back on my life and smile. And see God's name written on my life. =)
Anyways, I KNOW what you are going through! I got my braces a few weeks ago... =\ Hang in there! If you ever get adjusted, and the next day your mouth is killing you... I can sympathize. =P
Good luck! =D

 
At February 27, 2012 at 7:29 PM , Blogger David Miles said...

You can chew gum? Cool! I think that I can too, I just have to remember exactly what my orthodonist said.
It WILL be worth it once their off!
Thanks for the encouragement. It is great to hear that. I need to keep reminding myself of that.
Thanks. ;D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home