Saturday, May 26, 2012

Homeschool Convention!

I am exhausted! I'm sure that you guys know that feeling. You come home and your legs are so tired that a comfortable chair feels great, and a bed feels like bliss. Well, that's where I am right now. I have just gotten back from a 3-day homeschool convention. I listened to quite a few sessions. Some made me laugh and some made me bored ( none of them made me cry. . . I promise ). I took lots of notes and had quite a bit of fun. I should get on here sometime next week and let you guys know about my favorite session(s). I can't wait. Right now I need to take a break.
But before I go, I need a favor of you. Take a minute and tell me about a habit that you have(had). I would be most interested to know some of your habits. And since I can't let you tell me yours without telling you mine, here is mine. 
When I was younger, ten or so, I was intrigued with patterns. So much so, that  I had an interesting and annoying habit. I would imagine that the floor of the house was covered in invisible tiles, all the same size. I had to step right in the middle of the tiles or else . . . So I would go around the house, taking care to step just where I imagined the middle of the tiles to be. I based the tile places on the places of the tiles in our kitchen. So I was able to travel from one end of the house to the other using measured steps. I had certain markers around the house to show me where specific tiles were, so that  I could better guess where to step. Let's just say that I have never forgotten how to do that, and it is very annoying. I find myself walking evenly everywhere. Plus I also had a hard time stepping on cracks. In the kitchen I would purposely avoid the cracks in between the tile. On the wood floor, I would purposely avoid the cracks and knots in the wood. I led a very measured life. So when I began to break these habits it just felt wrong stepping on cracks and out of order. So that was my biggest habit, I think. I have many others but that was my biggest. 
So don't forget to tell me about your favorite or biggest habit. Have a great week! =)

8 Comments:

At May 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yup, pretty fun weekend. =)

A habit that I had...whenever I drove in the car, I would clinch my teeth or whatever when we were approximately between every two poles, signs, etc. =P lol

 
At May 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM , Blogger SevenPilgrims said...

Wow! I'm glad to see the therapy has paid off for you, David and Emily. I'm glad to hear these habits no longer annoy you. LOL! I think I did both of those while you were in utero - that's most likely where they came from. (wink, wink)

Glad to hear also, that you had a great time this past weekend. It was fun having you there with us!

 
At May 27, 2012 at 6:43 PM , Blogger David Miles said...

I did almost the same thing, too. I would blink whenever our car was directly in line with a telephone pole or stop sign. =)

 
At May 27, 2012 at 6:44 PM , Blogger David Miles said...

I've always wondered where those came from! Thanks for telling me. =D

I'm glad that we went as a family, more fun that way. =D

 
At May 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lol, Mom! XD

Yup, it was definitely very fun! =)

 
At May 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

SO annoying....=P lol

 
At June 7, 2012 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Gary said...

Glad to hear you are working on your crack problem. It just wouldn't do, being a pastor's kid and all... :^)
Gary Gilchrist

 
At June 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM , Blogger David Miles said...

=D I just got it! Yup, with my crack problem out of the way I'm ready for anything! =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home