Friday, April 13, 2012

Sketchbook Lately

Hey everybody. I am still working on those stories. Hopefully I will post again tomorrow with one. But I wanted to post these, today. Enjoy! =)

I'm posting the latest sketches from my sketchbook. The good and the bad.

This is a tree that took me over an hour to draw. It is pretty detailed. Probably my best realistic drawing, so far.

 This is drawn from a picture I printed out from the computer.
 This is Gandalf, from the Lord of the Rings. I've done this drawing a lot.
 This is the face of Grendel. The monster in Beowulf. Yes, pretty epic.
 This lady was supposed to be a fairy. She turned out pretty good. No, that is not armpit hair under her arms.
 This guy is my favorite character. Something about a minotaur just strikes me as awesome, epic, and stunning.
 This is me . . . in the way future. Except for the face. It looks like he face-planted one too many times. You know, the squashed-in face look.
 This is Saruman, from the Lord of the  Rings.
 This is the beginning of a tree. Maybe I'll go back and finish it, someday.
 These are some weapons. The big sword is a sword, yes. The thing on the right is a wooden club. I really like the wood look.

So that is what I've been doing recently in my sketchbook. I hope that you liked it.
I am also starting a new thing. An art page. I know, I know, I am eventually going to have too many pages. But this will be cool. So comment below and give me subjects to draw. You can go as far-fetched as possible. Just don't get too detailed. I can't wait to hear what I get to draw. Thank you and have a great day!

6 Comments:

At April 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Hope said...

Wow, these are really good!! I really like the picture of the arm. =)
Keeeeeep sketching! And writing! And posting! =)

 
At April 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Allison Pyle said...

Very awesome. I don't know which one is my favorite but I really like the tree.

 
At April 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM , Blogger David Miles said...

Thank you very much. You're very encouraging.

 
At April 14, 2012 at 4:29 PM , Blogger David Miles said...

Thanks. That would be my favorite, too.

 
At April 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM , Blogger SevenPilgrims said...

David, I am proud of what you have been "producing" lately, whether they are your sketches or your stories. I think God has given you quite a gift and it will be exciting to see how He leads you in developing those gifts and talents and in using those gifts and talents. I love seeing your "heart" in what you choose to draw and write about.

Love,
Mom

 
At April 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM , Blogger David Miles said...

Thanks Mom! I can't wait to see where this will take me! =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home